For those who lead NBC rides
Ride Leader Responsibilities
Choose One or More of the Following Methods and Announce Beforehand
- Ride the route previous to the scheduled date.
- Produce a map and/or cue sheet of the route from start to finish to distribute to all riders. Make enough!
- Make sure all riders wear a cycling helmet.
- Carry a first aid kit.
- Discourage riders with unsound bikes from joining the ride.
- Adhere to the advertised speed of the ride.
- Know how many riders you have. Make certain no one is lost.
Ride Leader Announcements
- Ride sweep or assign someone to ride sweep.
- Each rider stay in sight of the rider behind.
- Establish easily found regroup points.
- Divide a large group into smaller groups.
Please return your actual ride sheets to:
- Describe the ride - distance, time, difficulties, dangers, rest and regroup points.
- If someone leaves the ride, make sure the leader is informed.
- In case of physical or mechanical problems, members should aid others and pass word forward to the leader.
- Follow Bicycle Rules of the Road at all times.
1221 Basswood Drive
Naperville, IL 60540